• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What "year" to use for sf97 on M105A2 trailer.

SUPERSPORT

I bought an M105A2 trailer through GovLiq last year. Life got in the way and it went on back burner. Fast forward...

The other day I moved the trailer and it hit me I never did get an SF97 so I could get a title or register it.

There is no year on the data plate, on my invoice, or the listing. At least that I can find.
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=8018599

I had to call and pay the $60 over the phone because I had no card on file. The girl told me they really needed a year. The online form won't let me submit with "year" section blank. Any ideas?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are Ohio law's for gvw and year required for Title as every state is different? I might base my answer on what works best for you in your state's situation?

Louisiana is a pain in the butt and requires an inspection and a title no matter what year, gvw, etc. All my trailers have nice shiny Maine plates as they are easy to deal with, all on the internet, and pay by credit card. Plate shows up in 7 days. Registration shows the Maine agent and my name and local address. Can't be any easier.....

cjcottrill

I have several trailers "plated" in Ohio. If the weight is under 4000lbs no title is required, just take the bill of sale and the DMV weigh ticket and you can get a registration and tags. If the trailer is 25 years old or more you can apply for historical tags with the same restrictions as other historical vehicles.

Iron Bender

Looks like a late '70s Pibbs Steel model, with fresh hoses and lights. Call it a 1977.
Well the auction itself says it was made by Turtle Manufacturing, so I would go with that. A brief search indicates that Turtle was making them in the late 1980s, so I would go with 1986 or 1987. Otherwise, yeah.

The M101A2 I bought from GL has no data plates and no manufacturer or year was listed in the auction details. Brand new tub with just the holes where the data plates would have been riveted on. When I applied for the SF97, the people at GL asked for a manufacturer, year and serial number so I just said it was a 1993 Kasel and provided some number that was stamped into the frame. Worked out just fine for me. Still have no idea about the trailer's actual lineage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks