• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what years did they make the M923A2

tmaxxgod4

What is a IP tag?

I have the MWO tags on driver door sill. and the orginal plate on motor. other then that no other plates (and the dash plate with no year stamped just SN)

SUPERSPORT

It is my understanding they made them for 4 years. 1989 to 1992 by BMY of Harsco. I think they made them in Ohio.
In Marysville. BMY. Just a few miles from my house. They started building school buses in 1993 because the military stopped buying trucks. They closed down in 1995.

SUPERSPORT

13311 Industrial Pkwy, Marysville, OH 43040

Look on Google maps. Cool to see where they came from. Look at test track out back.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info, I didn't even know they made them in Ohio. (Or rather used to...)

plode

13311 Industrial Pkwy, Marysville, OH 43040

Look on Google maps. Cool to see where they came from. Look at test track out back.

I looked at it on Google Maps before, never noticed the test track..I don't know how. I just looked at it on Bing(often has a better birds eye view from an angle), and that hill that it looks like they tested them on looks pretty big. Interesting to see a banked oval too...did they build anything else other then these trucks? :lol:

SUPERSPORT

I drove past earlier to see if I would be able to get 5 ton on ramp for some pictures. It's locked up and overgrown. I'll have to actually drive the 5 ton over there and talk someone into letting me in.

The place is now used by a place that makes "disc packaging". CD/DVD sleeves and binders.

14573761016_04a54c5bf9_k.jpg14411883118_a84207e1fa_k.jpg

maxtor

Here in California, they are all "1989's" due to being able to license them for Historical plates. If you can't find a year, and don't know what year it is, and you want to license and insure for less money, you have a choice.
As said above, my research shows 1989-1993. You can not license a 1990 or newer here in California for Historic plates in 2014.
The smog rules keep changing. Maybe someone with newer information can let us know what California says about regulations on 1990 and newer commercial plates.