• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats A Good Power Steering Combo??

monkeyfist

Im building a bobbed M35 with an 8 inch lift and 1600R20s. The stock steering has to go. I will be driving this thing on the street regularly so Im thinking full hydro wont be a good idea. From what I have researched the HF54 and 5 ton pump seems to be a popular setup. Also saw that some people have used the Saginaw box. What are the pros and cons of the 2? If anyone can shed some light on the situation before I start ordering parts Id greatly appreciate it.

C.J.

Ride2Kill

Read this thread before you write off full hydraulic steering! All the stuff I did to my deuce, right here
If you plan on lifting your deuce 8" full hydraulic is the only way to go if you ask me. You eliminate the need for $!#t like 8" drop/lift steering arms and modified linkages. All of witch are much more prone to failing than a correctly engineered full hydro setup. This is my opinion only.
Now, alot of people will probably chime in and say stuff like, "full hydro steering is not legal" and "Its not safe" bla bla bla.
I run full hydro on my crawler and it runs down the highway better now than when it was stock!
Read the thread, its legit.

monkeyfist

Read this thread before you write off full hydraulic steering! All the stuff I did to my deuce, right here
If you plan on lifting your deuce 8" full hydraulic is the only way to go if you ask me. You eliminate the need for $!#t like 8" drop/lift steering arms and modified linkages. All of witch are much more prone to failing than a correctly engineered full hydro setup. This is my opinion only.
Now, alot of people will probably chime in and say stuff like, "full hydro steering is not legal" and "Its not safe" bla bla bla.
I run full hydro on my crawler and it runs down the highway better now than when it was stock!
Read the thread, its legit.

Looks like Im going full hydro. Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks