• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's a good undercoating?

sarge_3ad

I'm planning on replacing the floor in the van body on my M109, and before I put down the new floor, I'll want to spray on a good underliner to the crossmembers and the bottom of my floor. Any recommendations as to what type of undercoating I should use??

hovenga67

3m makes a really good undercoating. Its dries semi hard, not gooy like some. Its kind of pricey but works great. Also wal mart has bedliner in a spray can. Its similiar to 3m stuff. Hope that helps.

emr

I would use rustoleum rusty metal primer and then coat with rustoleum black top coat, it will stick better to all things that have absorbed into the metal over the years and stay alot longer without letting moisture that seeps in somewhere rust under and push the under coat off, for a new vehicle i can understand undercoat, i guess, but then even then its iffy to me, i would rather see a proper prime and top coat of a good oil base product,

feldmarshal

We've used the type that comes in quarts or gallons from napa, with a cheap air spray gun . worked out pretty good. A customer of ours said he did a tractor with a garden sprayer but I don't see how with the thickness of the stuff. Farmers will tell some stories some times.