• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's a 'LOW MILEAGE' Deuce worth?

Carl_in_NH

What's a 'low mileage' deuce worth? About $50 more than the exact same truck with high mileage - because that's what the brand new speedometer cost.

2deuce

I see lots of deuces with a new speedo listed with low miles. I have an 87 air force deuce that had 8k on it when I got it. Still has less than 9k. Some records of use were in the glove box. It was started about every 3 months. It was not rebuilt. I don't know what the airforce used these for but the records I have show very little use and the underside was like new when I got it. I see most have been rebuilt that have low miles showing.

I need to sell it. It should be on craigslist soon.

Greg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On second thought, I might be interested in a deuce like this, as long as the engine is in good shape. I wouldn't hesitate to turn a junker like this into a bobbed deuce for off-roading, I wouldn't feel as it I was mangling a perfectly good truck to make a bob job. Cut the bed and fenders off, knock the rear axle off, take 1/2 the rest of the stuff off, put some big tires on it, and you have a heckuva offroad buggy.