• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's an M35A2 worth these days?

kml9705

I looked at the truck today. Spent about an hour and a half going over the truck and talking with the owner.

Engine ran well, no unusual sounds. Started right up from a cold start. He did say that he started it yesterday for the first time in 4 months. Engine was clean, no signs of leaks or being excessively dirty. Fluids were clean - oil, antifreeze, brake. He says the batteries are only about a year old. They are the military type, not car batteries. Tires are good, spare looks brand new. No air leaks noted. Rust was about average, mostly surface rust with the worst spot being right in front of the drivers door. I will try to add a picture of it. No mud or any debris underneath. He owned the truck for approximately 10 years and purchased this truck from a government auction. Clear NJ historic title.

He says he only uses it for parades, shows and renting out for different functions. He had 6 of them, I believe he said he sold 3 already, plus several other military vehicle.

He is says he is firm at $6200 without the trailer.

Thoughts????

Thanks,
Ken L.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is says he is firm at $6200 without the trailer.

Thoughts????
As you've described it, it sounds like a fair deal. Just know that there could also be many things wrong with it that aren't readily visible...and even still many of these wouldn't affect the price. I would be cautiously optimistic.

kml9705

As you've described it, it sounds like a fair deal. Just know that there could also be many things wrong with it that aren't readily visible...and even still many of these wouldn't affect the price. I would be cautiously optimistic.
That's kinda what I was thinking. A member here messaged me that he has one for sale a bit cheaper and only about 90 min away from me. I'm going to try and get up there to look at that one before I make a decision on any. I am also going to keep my eyes open for others within a reasonable distance as well.

kml9705

Did not the 1968 to maybe 1970 contract # DAAE-06-68-C007 CONTRACT TRUCKS have the square thingies?
Like just before Kaiser Jeep got sold?
No clue, but after someone here questioned that I started looking at them and have seen many with the square thingies. I'm guessing either a year range like you suggest or maybe a branch of service that needed to be different.

Looks normal.
I think I might look worse at that age ...............
That's what I was thinking. Rust really didn't look bad up close. Mostly surface rust. There is a patch under the passenger door which appears to have been done while it was still in service. The current owner says he got it that way and claims to have bought it at a government auction.

AZK9

Hey kml9705...

Not too far into PA, (Brackney PA) maybe about 140 miles depending on where you are in the Andover area, up north of Scranton there's a forum member
who sells MV's and could be very helpful in your search. Kublos Military Surplus is the business and they are located along the PA-NY border. Ken and his son
are great to talk to and deal with. I've not been up there in years, but they know MV's and likely have a lot of them on site. It's a beautiful drive if you've got
the time and opportunity and once there... walking the property and looking at all the MV's is both an adventure and educational experience.

A quick Google search would get you the contact info needed.

Good luck in your hunt for the right vehicle! [thumbzup]

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok , just a question what's mine worth 1990 ish whistler, 6500 original miles, engine runs great, Body is what you would expect being 1990. I'll try a pic.
Two issues with your question
1. 1988 was the last year produced for the A2 (Air Force trucks duel circut brakes)
2. 6500 original miles, the way the military swaps gauges its hard to claim original miles other than for that odemeter.
Just my thoughts.

onemanarmy

Ok , just a question what's mine worth 1990 ish whistler, 6500 original miles, engine runs great, Body is what you would expect being 1990. I'll try a pic.
Looking to sell? If not, then it's only worth what you think it is. If so, then you'll need tons more pics and info.

It's really only worth what someone will pay.

Blackbear

That's about what I thought, I guess I'm nieve about the miles but the engine is really really clean, I'm tempted to believe it, live and learn. It has 1100's on it. My guess was 7k to 8k.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That's about what I thought, I guess I'm nieve about the miles but the engine is really really clean, I'm tempted to believe it, live and learn. It has 1100's on it. My guess was 7k to 8k.
Its easier to start high and come down in price than it is to start low and go up. Just sayin...

Lust4GreenSteel

My Deuce is a 68. It has the square thingies. See pictures in my classified posting (truck has been sold, but I have not deleted the ad yet).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks