• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats missing from this turbo set up?

DDT

It might be worth it to over haul the turbo before you fire it up. If your buying the complete engine hopfully the heads are not full spider web cracks.

superburban

Deepseeman: Looks like it's missing the exhaust crossover pipe (goes from the driver exhaust manifold, under the back of the engine, into the passenger manifold. It's also missing the air filter housing, and intake tube.

SouthDave: You're right, it is missing the CDR valve, but I believe the oil drain tube is still there. You pretty much have to remove the turbo to remove them.

Auron: These engines never had an intercooler, although they could benefit from being retrofitted with one.

auron

Auron: These engines never had an intercooler, although they could benefit from being retrofitted with one.

I do realize this thats why I mentioned it and I happen to have an intercooler off an srt4 that I got for a pack of cig's and $5 taking up space that is free+ shipping to a good home when I get back.

superburban

I do realize this thats why I mentioned it and I happen to have an intercooler off an srt4 that I got for a pack of cig's and $5 taking up space that is free+ shipping to a good home when I get back.
Ahh. I may know where a good home is! In my 86 blazer with a HMMWV engine w/6.5 turbo setup on it!

deepseeman

So I installed the turbo and saved the drivers side exhaust manifold for last. i am swapping out the 6.2 for a 6.5. I found out today that the 6.5 hits my oil cooler line. has anyone over come this issue or did you just leave the driver 6.2?

DDT

The 6.5 won't work or the Humvee header either. You'll see it for sale for the 6.2 but I have installed 2 banks systems and the problem is the gap is so close between the frame and the bolts with studs on them that they won't clear unless preinstalled into the manifolds. I used dumdum tack to hold them as I inverted them to install with a gasket. Otherwise they will fall out. I rebuilt both engines with the block still in the engine bay. If I do it again I'll pull it out.

Plus the 6.5 port angle is different meaning the supplied banks driverside exhaust pipe to the passenger manifold would not bolt right up. On the 6.2 you have a 1/2" vertical adjustment and 1/4" side to side adjustment otherwise the piping is a tight snug fit.

I did add the 6.5 intake but I had to adjust the inlet pipe from the turbo but it looks good may be a slight advantage over the offered banks setup. Looks cleaner too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks