• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's Missing

USMC6062

I'm going to pick up my new deuce Friday morning. I have everything possible that I'm going to take with me, because I didn't get to preview the truck before I bought it. The listing said running condition unknown, but every truck in the lot said that out of about 40 trucks. They were covered in snow, so I think it was too cold for the GL people to try and crank them. Anyways, I noticed in the picture of the engine, there is a line that seems to be hanging there not going to anything. I checked the deuce I have now, and it's not like that. Nearest I can figure it is the copper line the connects to the back side of the breather tube and travels down past the starter and under the cab somewhere. I'm thining it is disconnected and blocked off for some reason. Can ya'll tell me what it goes to or what is missing? It's the line up against the firewall to the right of the aircleaner looking at the picture. It goes up by the T air fitting and bends back down just ending at nothing. Oh the truck is at Redstone. Thanks, Alex

Attachments

Tackettr

If you're talking about that copper line coming up from the firewall, that is a vent line coming from the air-pack and master cylinder. It is bent over and usually has a vent cap on the end of it like the axles have. This was a mod to seperate the air-pack/MC vent line from the fuel tank vent line. There is a pretty good illustation of the mod in an old PM. I don't know how to link it. :-D
Anyway, it looks normal to me.

Last edited:

USMC6062

Thanks, that answered my question. I looked at my current truck and it hasn't been updated. The fuel and brake vents are still T-ed together, so that explains why my truck doesn't have that tube. I'm picking up the truck Friday morning. Hopefully everything goes alright, I'm gonna try and drive it back home. If not we are taking my towbar and will pull it with my buddies truck if need be.

kurtkds

That also answers my question about where that vent line was supposed to go to. I build a fording kit but didn't like that my vent tube was still open. I even went as far as to remove the vent cap from master cylinder and tie it back in to the vent line. That mod was apparently the easy way to separate the fuel and brake vent. Back under the truck I go with a roll of copper line.:roll::roll::roll:

Attachments