• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats my m1009 worth?

1986cucvM1009

So, im thinking of selling my 09 and im wondering what its worth.
Its a 1986 m1009 thats been my daily driver for 3 years. I bought it running and unmolested with 15000 miles and I drove it for 2 years. Then last summer I repainted it. It was pretty solid accept a fist size hole on the driver side rocker and a quarter sized hole behind the rear driver side wheel. I cut out and welded in both rocker panels and the driver side rear quarter. The panels came from lmc truck. For paint I used dupont epoxy primer, gillspie 383 green, brown and 911 flat black from rapco. For the the camo pattern I looked at the CUCV TM. The interior is original except the ammo tin center consule with built in cup holder, leather storage pouches and an fm radio with a usb.
- 29,000 miles
- new batteries
- new belts
- new injection pump
- new starter relay
- rebuilt starter
- new mufflers(stock replacements)
- dunlop mud rover tires
- new lmc tail light and side marker lenses

Attachments

alburms311

As much as someone is willing to pay for it that's looking for one at the time. I breed and sell exotic pets as my second job/ hobby and I have sold animals for retail and above then a few months later sold basically the same thing for below what I considered market value, but I needed to free up space and stop investing time, food and money. At the end of the day, it all depends on what your willing to part with it for, and how big a loss your willing to take, if any.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I see average condition M1009's for for 4000-5000 and excellent specimens for 6000 +- here in Florida. Ones in need of some restoration can be had from 1-2K from time to time. Value is really in the eye of the beholder, or the one buying it :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks