• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats the best brand of fuel and oil filter for a lds?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you ask any guy about their favorite anything, you are going to get a lot of answers. My opinion is you can't go wrong with a brand name filter. I usually trust WIX. I get them either packaged as WIX, NAPA, or CARQUEST. I have used FRAM. I have never noticed any difference and I bet 99.9% of the people on this have never either. The reason...we don't drive our trucks enough. Even if you drive it a lot, you still won't be driving it enough to make a difference. Stick with a good brand name and, if a better brand costs $.35 extra, splurge. If you only have FRAM in the auto parts store near you, go with it. My $.02. This type of thread comes up a lot when asking about brands of oil and my opinion is the same...go with a brand name and be done with it. Do I go with Rotella when I can...sure. But, I also use Delvac and have used other major brands of oil. Never seen a difference in the few 500-1,500 miles I put on these trucks in a year.

tuff-truck-guy

thnx 4 the feed back i called napa and they told me that their napa filters they had"in stock" were made by wix and not nearly as expensive as i had imagined.:driver:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the end of the day almost any new filter is going to be better than leaving the old ones in.

But the Deuce and 5-ton parts list has the numbers.

bigboy44

As far as oil goes, I switched from Rotella to Mobil Delvac in my trucks and I find that it stays cleaner for a longer period. I also add one can of STP to each gallon of oil.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thnx 4 the feed back i called napa and they told me that their napa filters they had"in stock" were made by wix and not nearly as expensive as i had imagined.:driver:

FROM the SITE RULES

"Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English."

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would concur on any HD namebrand, Donaldson, Baldwin, Hastings, Fleet rite, Wix, Purolator, AC Delco (most not made by them anymore) etc but in my former parts selling days we had a cut up oil filter counter display and "fram" was absolutely the cheapest made. Smallest filtering surface area, cheap pleats, cheap glued together, minimal bypass valve, and just looked like garbage. Champion labs makes a lot of private labels and even though it is a "cheap" filter it is quality made.

Bruce, If you have a choice, pick something else over Fram imho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks