• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best mod you've done to your deuce?

oldshep

The calipers are off an F550. I need to run down the #'s(I work at a parts store). I'll try to figure the rotor #s out.

rlwm211

I added Jatonka Spin on oil filter adapters first and they make changing the oil and filters super easy and not messy at all. I also have his primary oil adapter and filter which was easy to install and makes changing the filter far easier than using the aftermarket primary filter that is available for the multifuel.

I have a set of lock out hubs on the front and freed the front rear differential with the spline caps after removing the axles and the truck steers easier and rolls much nicer. I drive my truck on the road 99% of the time and this helped out a lot.

I added a muffler which makes my driving easier on my ears, and my dogs ears as well.

I have a S280 shelter on the back that I have converted into a camper. That makes the truck very useful for wandering around as I always have a place to eat and sleep along with me.

I added a class 4 receiver on the back which has made hauling my communications trailer a snap.

I have put just shy of 5000 miles on my deuce since March of 2009. It has been a reliable and solid runner and everything I have done or added has made it even more useful and enjoyable.

One other thing...I looked for a found every manual I could for the deuce and have used the electronic copies available from the SS site and am very grateful that they are here. They make working on the truck a breeze. Thanks to the moderators for keep those resources available to all of us.

RL

oldshep

Anybody remember ol' Daniel from USA 6x6? Well thats where I got the wheels and brake set up. That was a full year before I knew about steelsoldiers. Thats all I'm gona say about usa 6x6 :mad::twisted:

paradeduty

Just added some "creature comforts" for use at car and truck shows - works out great (you have to see the looks on people's faces when we push open the whole driver's side of the van body and create the "covered porch"!). Removed 90% of the water purification system and installed additional overhead lighting, round table w/ 4 swivel chairs, 2 couches (great for a nap), refrigerator, microwave, tv (needs to be changed to flat screen!), cd player/audio system - really has worked out well for the shows.

Attachments

dieck

Just added some "creature comforts" for use at car and truck shows - works out great (you have to see the looks on people's faces when we push open the whole driver's side of the van body and create the "covered porch"!). Removed 90% of the water purification system and installed additional overhead lighting, round table w/ 4 swivel chairs, 2 couches (great for a nap), refrigerator, microwave, tv (needs to be changed to flat screen!), cd player/audio system - really has worked out well for the shows.
Now that is cool! Detailed writeup anywhere?

Billy Bobbed

:not worthy:

Kohburn

I remember the same side view with all the water equipment in there, was wondering how long it would be before you turned it into a lounge.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted pics of my Deuce a couple weeks ago after finishing up the restoration so you can see this stuff. The two best things I feel I have done are to Rhino line the interior floors and up the back of the cab and installed 1 inch thick tractor cab insulation in the cab, these two items made the truck almost quiet driving down the highway, and yes you can even have a conversation in the truck while on the road!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks