• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats the correct pop off psi on injectors

hey all I am wondering what is the coorect pop off psi on the deuce 2 hole injectors? I seen in the 5 ton troubleshooting manual that the injectors pop at 2750... I am wondering if this is the same for the deuce? I have a good set of injectors from a deuce, and they all chatter and break clean, just wondering what psi they should break at?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks jon

tmbrwolf

According to the multifuel engine repair manual TM 9-2815-210-34-2-2 the opening pressure for a new nozzle should be 3050-3150 PSI with no more than 300 PSI difference between any two nozzles in a complete set, doesn't make a differance one hole or two hole.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
->Resources-> Technical Manuals->2nd page, #7->download "LDS465-1 Troubleshooting Manual", ->page27: how to check & adjust injector nozzle (two hole) opening pressure = 2800-2850psi

G.

Thanks guys, I seen where this says 2850 psi... is this for the lds version or is this a universal pop off for both 5 tons and the deuce engines? my injectors are not new, so i cant use the factory settings of 3100 psi We are going to test stand check them, and I wanted to get a spec before starting.

thanks again