• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the correct trailer for an MEP-802A?

tcruwithme

I looked through the TM 9-6115-641-10, and I didn't see any reference to a trailer. I also read through a bunch of threads here on SS, but I obviously did not find the correct thread. Can anyone tell me what the trailer is that they put the MEP-802A on?

tcruwithme

Thank you. There doesn't seem to be many of them out there for sale. I see that Eastern has then for $1,750 - but that's too rich for my blood.

Gunzy

They can also go on an M200a1. I have one I'd sell for $350. In Ogden, Utah if you're interested.

tcruwithme

That M200a1 is the trailer I usually see these units on. Thanks for identifying it. $350 is a great price on one of those, but I am too far away to economically recover it.

They can also go on an M200a1. I have one I'd sell for $350. In Ogden, Utah if you're interested.

Ray70

From what I can find the MEP-802A would have been put on a LTT-MCC trailer, which I think is similar to the M1101/M1102 trailer. The smaller M116, which is similar to a M101 would probably work just fine too. I think those were originally used for the MEP-002/003A but might have been used for 802/803 too. The weight of an 802 is a little less than an 002A so it will be fine. You will just have to see how its meant to be mounted.
If you're going to be towing it with a pickup you would probably be better off with the M116... I think it's a little narrower and lower than the LTT. Probably a bit cheaper too

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truthfully, if it wasn't fielded on a trailer, I've seen generators on all sorts of stuff. I had a set of three generators in S. Korea welded to a dual or tri-axle trailer that was only a frame. Seen them in the back of M1101/2s, M105s, plenty of HMMWVs up to the HEMMT PPTs that we have in ADA units. (holy crap those things are big).