• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the Deal?

Pappawheely

I would like to purchase a Duece to use as an expedition vehicle. Can anyone tell me what kind of normal maintenance is needed and typical operating costs encountered when on the road for weeks at a time. Thanks for your help.

Pappawheely

Thanks for the reply, I will have lots of reading to do. I was more interested in what kind of fuel mileage to expect on the highway, what wears out quickly and what spares I should carry with me. Do I need to carry any brake hoses, valves, switches or bulk hoses, etc. Also, anyone called triple A for assistance?

Scooteerr

Spares to carry with you? How 'bout another deuce?!?... LOL...

I personally do not own one yet but from what I have read, you should always have a extra filter set with you and you should also carry the manuals with you too...

eagle4g63

What to bring depends a lot on how mechanical you are. Other than the obvious usual things like tools, road triangles, spare tire...........ect. It is a good thing to bring an extra set of filters for everything on the truck, as most of them will take a day or 2 to get you don't want to be out on the road without them.

As far as I can tell........I do drive mine EVERYDAY and lots and lots of miles..........they are quite simple to work on........as long as they are getting fuel they keep running.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.