• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the diff? CUCV, CUTV

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mis-annunciation of the proper acronym. CUCV, Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle

Also, this same topic has been discussed before(search!)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
haha, takes alot more than that!:p

I Just did a search and didn't fine the thread I recall. I only tried a couple variations. Cutv, cutvee, cut vee, acronyms, etc... with more effort, it could be found, but what's the point now, I spilled the beans.:wink:

Personally, I like the term, "Kook vee"!

Last edited:

raiburn

I was originally thinking it was "Commercial Utility Truck Vehicle" for the pick-ups, and C.U.Cargo.V. for the blazers. I now agree it is just soldier speak.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About time you learned how to search, Westy!:razz:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think CUTV came from Commercial UTility Vehicle. Apparently, in most soldier speak, they don't worry about the Cargo...:razz:

jumpmasterjim

Honestly I don't recall how I first heard of it pronounced CUT-V, maybe in 63B Light Wheel Vehicle Mechanic school at Ft. Jackson. To be honest I was young and 13 weeks of training we learned nomenclatures, acronyms, and out and out slang! They were always refered to as "CUT-Vs'" M151s were jeeps. 2-1/2 tons were dueces, 5 tons were always 5- tons. M-113s and M-577s were tracks.The M-578 was the VTR.25 years and a lifetime.....