• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the purpose?

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where on the underbody is the cable?
Inside edge of the driver's side longitudinal frame. The cable is only about 2 feet in length and looks to be a heavy duty ground or retention cable.

bushw

Inside edge of the driver's side longitudinal frame. The cable is only about 2 feet in length and looks to be a heavy duty ground or retention cable.
I just went and looked at my 85', and I don't have a cable like that. What year is your truck, and what MWO tabs are in the driver door compartment?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my 1045A2 the cable runs through a bracket that is bolted to the transfer case, maybe to keep it from torque rolling?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Aircraft carrier landing arresting cable ?

Nope, Transfer case guide cable. That's what they call it. My guess is to keep the transfer case close when blown-UP ! CAMO

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks