• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the value of this Deuce? (Pics included)

DEVO

Hello, new guy here, got a question...
What is this M35 worth? Speedo says 41K miles, runs, all is functional as far as I know. Cab has rust in the seemingly usual places, nothing too serious.
Thanks in advance!!

Devo

Attachments

eddiec

RE: What

2500 to 3500 would be a good buy if everything works. be sure to drive it first, and show up without letting the owner know you will be there, to see how easily it starts cold.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would keep in mind that most everyone wants a diesel, airshift, winch truck.

When it comes time to sell this one.....it's something to consider.

DEVO

Thanks for the quick response guys! This site is awesome!
Good point clinto.
I hate gas motors more than the next guy. Consequently, one of the things that crossed my mind is repowering with a Cummins 6BT. Would that affect the value negatively? Not trying to make money off the deal, just don't want to do something dumb.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
there are a few threads here about various deuce repowers.........do a search and see what you can find. I am certainly not an expert on repowers-I have a multifuel and like it.

jasonjc

With it being in shuch good shape and a navy truck. It mite be more collectable as is. I don't know for shure thought. If it was close to me and cheap. I'd get it and keep it as a gasser and paint it in a navy/seabee color. But thats just me.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
DEVO said:
Consequently, one of the things that crossed my mind is repowering with a Cummins 6BT. Would that affect the value negatively? Not trying to make money off the deal, just don't want to do something dumb.
Depends on who you are selling it to - YOU obviously would pay more for the truck with the 6BT - I would only pay scrap value of the unmodded sheet metal and axles for a M35 with a 6BT in it. I would, however, pay more for a clean original gasser than I would a Mulitfuel anyday (and I have some of both, so this is not conjecture).

My point is - if its yours - do what YOU want. But if you are buying it for resale, you better know the market you hope to sell into.

HTH,
David Doyle

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I paid $3,050 for my 1970 airshift w/w that had 6,000 miles on it with tarp and bows and starts so quickly that it is running before I can take my finger off of the start button. Welcome to the site and keep us posted on the truck. Perhaps you can print and reference our responses to make a deal.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35 Gasser

Hi all,

That's an Army M35, isn't it? The tag shows year of mfg is 1953 and the contract number starts with "DA", which I'm pretty sure means an Army contract.

Regardless, nice early truck for sure. Oldest one I ever drove in the WI Army Guard was a 1949 model M49C ...

Thoughts?

Joe

cbvet

RE: As is

A lot of the value is in the location.
Many guys on here would say $3500 was too much for the '52 Studebaker M35 gasser I have, but I'm happy with it.
Body perfect, runs well, needed painting & some brake work.
And it was 15 miles away!
Many of the great deals I hear about are in California, Alaska, Pennsylvania, or wherever. By the time you add up fuel costs, time off work, & the risks of break down on a long trip, a decent rig close to home is worth a lot more money.
Eric
CBVET