• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats this called?

HAWK101

Hi,
Can anybody help me out??????
I'm after renewing this piece "outlined in red in attached photo" its mainly the bit in my cab between the seats, my rubber is shot to bits.
I know its for power cables for a fitted radio, but I haven't got a clue what its called????? and haven't seen it mentioned in my manual.
So I'm finding it hard tracking one down, if possible at all?
IMG_0618.jpg
Any help is appreciated.

Mike_L

Pg 178 of the ORD 9 TM (1955 dtd) lists it as the "Receptacle, radio, 24-V, waterproof, with cable, assy" and lists each component of the assembly. I've seen these sold as a whole unit on ebay every once in a while though I suppose if you have the connector, you can rebuild the rest back to the battery lugs. The factory stopped putting these assemblies on the trucks about March 1952 and they only showed up on trucks in the field if they were refitted with radios. My '54 has a plate in place of the connector.

HAWK101

Hi, Thanks for all the info,
My 62 B1 has a cap/plate on the bed, just visible in photo???? but the cab is open, and as stated, the rubber is shot to bits.
So I'm after another cap/plate to completely close it up.
Thanks again.

nattieleather

You should be able to make a plate to cap the hole off with. Take the original ring, trace it onto some thin steel plate and use a jig saw with a metal cutting blade and cut it out. Drill out the holes for the bolts and bolt it up and paint it OD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks