• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this part called?

dilvoy

I have a M1009 that needs the vacuum controller for the transmission, that is located on the right hand side of the injector pump. Does anyone know the exact name for this part and possibly a civilian part number? Thanks.

rizzo

dilvoy said:
I have a M1009 that needs the vacuum controller for the transmission, that is located on the right hand side of the injector pump. Does anyone know the exact name for this part and possibly a civilian part number? Thanks.
I had to get one of those. I can look on the box tonight and see if I have the part number

n1vbn

You can get them at your local Chevy/GMC dealer Around $70. It is called the Vacuum Regulator Valve VRV for short.

Had to replace mine on my M-1009 and not having the adjustment block it was the third adjustment that shiffted fine.

1st to 2nd = 15 MPH
2nd to 3rd= 25 MPH with light throttle fully warmed up. It will shift a little later when cold but otherwise is fine. Don't forget to replace the 2 inch long hose that connects the steel line to the modulator on the right side of the tranny.

max1008

I am doing mine tonight and I see a small "distribution" block that connects to the regulator. It is also made of rubber and is cracking. Any idea if an auto parts store would stock it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The block is used just to keep from getting the hoses mixed up(switched).

Keith_J

Just remember "T to T". Top to transmission. Meaning the bottom is to the vacuum pump.

The vacuum regulator valve ages and the foam filter within decomposes, plugging the vent which causes it to fail closed. Yes, that was my experience. It is nearly impossible to clean as it is clipped together with both plastic and metal clips.

I got mine from that online retailer named after a South American River. $65 and change.