• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats up with David Kelone

panzerjunky

Hello Gents
Has anyone had any dealings with David Kelone and his Data plates. I have been trying for 3 months or more just to place an order and then get a total and where to send the money.
Anyone else have issues like this ? Is David Ok health wise? any one know where else to get plates?
Thanks Jerry

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude never replies to my emails and when he answers the phone he says he is still sorting. Others have had much better luck.

gunboy1656

I have had no issues with him for mule parts, but have not dealt the data plate side of his business. Talked to him the other day to send some parts out. Seems to be a very busy guy from what all I have heard.

roady

Same here. I sent an email a week and and a half ago with no response. It does amaze me the amount of companies you try to give money to and they dont want it.

Heavysteven

I bought some plates from David Kloine. They were excellent quality. Still need to order more just have not had the time to call him again.

Details
I purchased in July and used Paypal. Got authorized fuel plate, start, on/off, winch control, and pto shift.

asgtoolman

This is off his website. www.mvdataplates.com
Contact Information

David Kelone
Telephone 309-696-7080 FAX 309-274-4653 Postal address 6401 N. Sheridan Road, Peoria, IL 61614 Electronic mail: dkelone@aol.com
All this agrees with the most up-to-date info that I have.
I bought new data plates for my bobbed deuce--bought EVERYTHING new or NOS including decals, stickers, and data plates and had NO problems with him.
All this happened about 6 weeks ago; I did most of my ordering thru phone calls, but he insisted on email for vin# for new data plates; I just paypaled his account after we got the figures together and received everything a few days later---straight up guy in all my dealings although did seem to have a lot happening in his business.

Last edited:

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought all the data plates for my deuce from him in March this year. Got them, no problems and the quality was excellent.2cents

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reached him in Feb and he was having some medical issues but haven't been able to make contact again through phone (VM box FULL) or email. Does anyone know if he shows up at the MVPA Conventions? I was hoping to get a set of plates for my Goat before the Audey Murphy VA show this month but doesn't look like that'll happen.

(and yes I realize this is an ancient thread but hoping new info has come to light)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with this guy - http://www.dataplates.net/

I haven't actually ordered from him but I have been in contact with him about some plates and I've heard good reviews from others that have ordered from him. He's pretty quick to respond to e-mails.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked with David a couple years ago about data plates for my Deuce, I ordered a complete set from him and ended up not having any problems at all the quality of the plates were top notch and his prices seemed to be inline with others that I checked out! He seemed to be a little bit eccentric (I could not think of a better word) to me in a couple ways but he delivered on what he said he was going to do and all was good! I have read more than a few emails on this subject and every time I read another one about all I can do is wonder what is going on with David? My experience was good!
Karl