• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's up with this bead?

Condec

That is a nice picture Andrew, Love those luggage racks over the cab. They had those on most of the M37s out here on the coast in the 60s. The hard thing to do was find one that the hood and cowling in front of the windshield wasnt caved in from everybody standing on them to stow their gear up there. I would imagine that things are still the same with these trucks-I saw one down island a while back and sure enough there was the telltale dents and boot prints on the hood and cowl, Have you encountered this in your travels?

APM215

That is a nice picture Andrew, Love those luggage racks over the cab. They had those on most of the M37s out here on the coast in the 60s. The hard thing to do was find one that the hood and cowling in front of the windshield wasnt caved in from everybody standing on them to stow their gear up there. I would imagine that things are still the same with these trucks-I saw one down island a while back and sure enough there was the telltale dents and boot prints on the hood and cowl, Have you encountered this in your travels?
Yes it seams some things never change most of the trucks I've seen new or old have some sort of damage from people walking on them, My M220's cab was damaged from someone trying to store the spare tire on it, never mind what happened to the hood when they rolled the tire up it.

Tackettr

I saw about 6 of these (Not sure on the bed) but the M-35 looking vehicle going South on I-35 through Oklahoma City a couple days ago. They looked just like that and had the luggage rack looking thing on top. All were on a commercial 18 wheeler flat bed with an OD colored Land Rover looking thing behind each. At first I thought someone had won a good looking deuce on GL and was having it transported South. Then I saw another 18 wheeler with the same load and another, and another. I made the assumption they were Canadian trucks being transport for a training exercise somewhere. Just thought I would share that. Sorry no pictures, I was North bound and no camera.

Last edited:

WPNS421

Yes they probably were Canadian military vehicles, Canadians train in Texas prior to deployment to Afganistan. The racks on the roofs are storage bins, usually for storage of camo nets, water cans etc. I have trucks with these racks.

WPNS421

I fanyone is interested I can get the tires and the combat rims. The cost is $375.00 to $390.00 USD + shipping. I will try to post pictures

tm america

everything about that truck is very interesting the bed the cargo rack it has the blackout light in the bumper. the plates between the bumper and fenders looks like a modified m34a2c bed even the canvas on the bed looks different its really tall . the combat wheels really set if off

APM215

everything about that truck is very interesting the bed the cargo rack it has the blackout light in the bumper. the plates between the bumper and fenders looks like a modified m34a2c bed even the canvas on the bed looks different its really tall . the combat wheels really set if off
Seeing as this has turned in to a "how cool is the MLVW" thread I thought that I would post some other pics I have. Perhaps WPNS421 could add some seeing as he owns a couple of these trucks.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'm curious about where the exhaust comes out. Is that it ahead of the drivers side tandems (above the spare)?

Cheers

WPNS421

First the back, yes it is tall, over 6 feet,the tarp is heavy vinyl and it sits on a mesh screen cage not just wooden bows. A lot of the specialty vehicles had the mesh cages, very rugged and you can actually stand on them, my 2 trucks have aluminum doors on the back. The front bumpers are mounted about 1 foot from the front and have 1/4" plates bolted to the bumper and the front fender, this is great when your doing maintenance you're not perched on the small bumper. The truck is almost identical to the M35, the biggest differences, they are all equipped with power steering, automatic transmission and come with about 6 - 8 inches more room behind the steering. A lot of parts are interchangeable. The part I really like is the tires, they are Michelin XLY mounted on combat rims, to remove the tire you undo a whole bunch of bolts and the rims split in two. Also the automatic tranmission in this makes it move, from a dead stop to 40 mph in half the time of an M35.:-D:-D Yes, The exhaust comes out under the truck and has a small drum like appearance measures about 12 in lonch by 14 in dia with the pipe pointing down. It makes the vehicles very quiet, we are looking to putting the muffler on an M35, we want to keep the outside pipe, we plan on cutting into the "J" pipe and doing this mod. The only problem with this muffler is that you have all the exhaust going to the floor and then rising, we don't let the truck idle too long indoors. I have a newspaper photograher coming this week to do an article on the MVs in Canada and I will try and post pictures. I am planning on attending some get togethers this summer in NY and PA, I plan on bringing the MLVW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks