• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's valure and startup procedure for nice 211?

Mark3395

Damn, this is just what I wanted considering the buys I'm planning in the next week...

Had a nice guy living near my row of M35s who said "I have an old deuce."

Well, 1/4 mile later I was looking at a surprise... not a Reo, but an M211 with winch. Visually,, it's in great shape. No rust through, repainted by gov't, singles on it, troop seats and spare. Needs seat covers. Was driven into a concrete floored shed in 1980 and hasn't run since.

There's an opening behind where the spare fuel can would go on an m35 so something may be missing... got a good view of the shafts through there.

Canvas cab top is rotted but in place.

Gotta clean the bird doots out of it, and 1/8 inch of dust all over.

So, considering great sheet metal and mystery engine/tranny, what's a fair price to offer for the thing?

And assuming tossing a new battery and pressing the starter button is bad mojo, what should I do to service the thing for safe driving. Got a couple months to work on it.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

poppop

RE: What

Can't help on value, but the value of anything is what its worth to you, unless someone else is bidding, then the value is the most someone is willing to pay. I have revived several farm machines that have sat for several years and the proceduers would be the same. Clean fuel tank and flush the lines. Probably better to clan and rebuild carb before trying to start. Clean or replace points and check for fire before trying to start. Of course check oil to be sure it has not leaked out over the years. When ready to try to start, pull the coil wire and spin the motor to build pressure. Watch the gauge, but if it does not move it could be bad. Spin in 30 second bursts and allow the starter to cool in between. When you have done this for a couple minutes, plug in the coil wire,and if she fires wipe that big grin off your face.

my 53 gmc set for about 18 years the fuel tank was junk along with the in tank pump I used a small tank to hold gas and put it on the cab to gravity gas to the carb but it bid start and run well enough that I new it was worth saving . lots of parts out there for these trucks

nattieleather

Do the above to the fuel system and prep of the engine. Then goe through the brakes. The GMCs have two wheel cylenders on each wheel, there is also the air pack and the master. Also try adjusting the brakes. They are easy to do jack up the wheel spin them while tightening the adjuster nut till the wheel wont turn and then back it off till there is a slight drag. Then check the lights to make sure there working and that you have bakes when applied etc. Then you should be able to drive on down the road!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks