• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's wrong CTIS?

Benj

I did some searching but didn't come up with much. I see many people complaining about the CTIS system on M35A3's, saying it doesn't work well and leads to a lot of flat tires. I'm curious as to what the failing point of these systems is. If they were that bad, wouldn't the military either fix or get rid of them? On the surface they seem like a great idea rather than having to manually air up or down each time I change terrain. Do other non-military CTIS systems also provide similar headaches? I know lots of logging trucks use them because they do highway, dirt, and mud.

Sorry if it has been asked before.

rustystud

They work fine as long as the seals (O-rings) are maintained and the control module doesn't go "tit's up" on you. Saying that is easy, actually maintaining the system is another matter ! Since that means the tires must be busted down to fix those seals !