• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats wrong with this u joint?

KsM715

Yep. no grease fitting= no grease in the joint. Or atleast doesnt look like it has had any put in it in awhile.

dependable

The shiny lugs on u joint indicate some slop in the connection. When you replace the u joint, you should get new hardware (bolts & straps) These are available, just say you want u joint straps for a 84- 86 k-30. Some oem u joints had no grease fittings. If the truck is very high mileage, and has been run with bad u joints, one can add some strips of thin machinist shim stock to take up slack in axel side of yoke. See you are missing zerk , but above is all true.

OLDCHEV4X4

I got it this way from GL. The rear uses external G shaped clips and the front axle ends use the internal C shaped clips. The army put both kinds of clips in and called it good.:???:

Mudstone

is this the same as for the blazer? if so can someone explain this to me. I fear i may have done something wrong on my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks