• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's you favorite upgrade?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they survive continued submersion in water? Both bearings and electronics?

ATPTac

I haven't gotten around to installing most of the upgrades we have for our trucks yet. But from driving on 9x20 to 11x20 tires, I would say having bigger tires is a huge improvement. I'm just looking forward to getting the 395's installed and getting the remote reservoir hooked up also. If I end up pulling parts off of our bobber then I'll also have air assist steering to add to the list. I need more time and a place to work on our trucks... :-(

eagle4g63

With so many upgrades on mine, it is hard to say which is the favorite......tops would be the 12volt/24volt alternator(s) upgrade, then the front hitch set up.....followed by LDS....arctic heater system and spin on's (fuel and oil)

Here is a pic of the Delco upgrade......also they can be had brush-less, so they are submersible.....

Attachments

mattgunguy

You are so lucky to have a wife that is into your hobby !!!
My hobby. All I did was stop & show her a M923a2 like I drove in the army. Next thing I know she has us running around the state looking at M35's. Now she's looking for our second truck. She's might be more of a OD junky than I am.

rustystud

My hobby. All I did was stop & show her a M923a2 like I drove in the army. Next thing I know she has us running around the state looking at M35's. Now she's looking for our second truck. She's might be more of a OD junky than I am.
Lucky B@stard !!!!! My wife gets pissed off if just buy some bolts for my truck. "Do you really need to waste money on that thing ? " sigh :(

Last edited:

ntxcop

Where to start.... I think my favorite upgrade would have to be the 395's (including the adapter plates from Peashooter). But I've done so much to my truck since buying it off a ranch 60 miles south of San Antonio, it's hard to pick just one.

Here's some picture of what it looked like when I bought it and what it looks like today!

IMG_0540[1].jpgphoto 1.jpgCIMG0298.jpg2014-03-07 15.17.39.jpg

Last edited:

ATPTac

Lucky B@stard !!!!! My wife gets pissed off if just buy some bolts for my truck. "Do you really need to waste money on that thing ? " sigh :(
My wife is almost just as into MV's as I am. She wants her own truck (a M37), and she helps me with work on ours. She was packing bearings and cleaning parts when I was servicing the front axle. She also loves going on recoveries too. It's been great not having to explain why I want/need this part or that part, usually its "yeah, that's a good deal, you should get it".

Last edited:

cobra5

My wife is almost just as into MV's as I am. She wants her own truck (a M37), and she helps me with work on ours. She packing bearings and cleaning parts when I was servicing the front axle. She also loves going on recoveries too. It's been great not having to explain why I want/need this part or that part, usually its "yeah, that's a good deal, you should get it".
Your wife sounds like mine when it comes to buying or driving but not so much when it comes to helping with the maintenance.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it's a tie between power steering and air conditioning. i have no idea anymore what it's like to NOT have power steering, i put it on all my trucks for the past 18 years.
tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks