• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel adapters beveled on wrong side

Norinco666

I just purchased 2 mrap wheel adapters to 2.5 ton from western Canadian offroad they are beveled on 1 side but the side lay inside the wheel to be bolted that would be mounted up are not wtf is this ok should i call and bitch or what20190628_183057.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I googled " western Canadian offroad", but could not find anywhere by that name that sold adaptor plates.

Could you provide a link to this business?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused by something. If they are beveled on one side can they not be switched side to side or just rotated in place for correct fitment?

Norinco666

Do you not see the ctis node in the picture these are cut out to sit perfectly in the ring to clear the node i cant just flip them around pisses me off about to go buy a big step bit and see what i can do

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused by something. If they are beveled on one side can they not be switched side to side or just rotated in place for correct fitment?
I don't know much but here I know I would not use them. Wonder if who ever made them was looking through a mirror when he was reading the specs.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just take them to a shop that works on big rig wheels, they can use a Budd bevel tool to get what you need.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I do see the ctis cut out and the adapter from the other wheel should have a cutout identical to it but mirrored so if the adaptors were switched from one side of trailer to the other then wouldn't the bevel be on the correct side of the wheel at that point?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.....the adapter from the other wheel should have a cutout identical to it but mirrored so if the adaptors were switched from one side of trailer to the other then wouldn't the bevel be on the correct side of the wheel at that point?
You aren't joking, right? Wheels are all identical. No left and right shoes, there... So the answer is no.

This is clearly a machinist's mistake. (it happens; blame it to Mr. Murphy). They need to either refund the money or send the correct parts.

Norinco666

I did what silverstate recommended brought them to my local diesel shop they said they could bevel the correct sides for me im not gunna bother with Canadian rockwell the only thing they could possibly tell me is to send them back which im not going thru the hassle

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they say how much they charge? I would like to have mine cut to the correct depth if not too much$

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I understand the distances and freight charges makes it difficult to resolve. But if they were a half way decent company, they should at least help with the repair cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks