• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel adapters for M37

hughscpa

I have searched many threads and found nothing but learned a lot. Here is the stupid question of the day, "why don't they make a wheel adapter for the M37 to a HMMWV wheel?" Is it a safety issue? Is it just not possible? Just curious.

nattieleather

I think the answer is not enough interest in the market to pay for someone to develop that. Also I'm not sure if the HMMWV rim would fit over the M37 hub. Don't know with out measuring and since I have neither at the moment.... But I think the biggest reason would be not enough interested people to make making an adapter cost effective. That's my $0.02 worth.

wdbtchr

Well for my 2cents I'm considering putting a couple of 3/4 ton Chevy axles under my M-37 for cost reasons. I have axles from a 3/4 ton 89 Suburban with 4.56 gears would be cheaper than regearing the M-37 axles, give me upgraded brakes and I can use a set of Hummer wheels I have. The only downside I see is that it would change the stance since the Suburban axles are wider. Still thinking in the mean time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks