• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel and tire weight

waayfast

OK folks,

Go ahead---flame on if you must, but I just need a simple answer to a simple question:

What is the exact (not just a WAG) weight of a 11:00/20 NDCC tire mounted on a 10 hole (5ton) wheel. 95% to 100% tread.

Yes--have searched--google, ask , here on Steel Soldiers, etc. All sorts of info but yet to get a straight answer. Kinda like talking to a politician:evil:!--Have lots of other things I need to get done before the Sun burns out------:mad:

Will be hauling 12 (and maybe an extra if weight allows) of these home on long trip--trying to make sure my vehicle and trailer are up to the task.

Thanks, Jim

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tire itself weighs 99 pounds .

TITAN T HAWK 373

• Originally designed for use on 2 1/2- and 5-ton military trucks, this non-directional cross country tread has proven its durability under tough conditions and has become a standard for various military applications

Catalog #:373269FPly Rating/Load Index:F/12
Size:11.00-20Rolling Circumference:131
Size (English Equiv.):--Overall Diameter:43.5
TT/TL:tube typeGross Flat Plate, in[SUP]2[/SUP]:--
Brand:Titan TireLoaded Radius:20.2
Inflation Pressure:85Rim Width:8
Max Load MPH:--Tire Width:11.9
Max Load pounds:5920Tread Depth 32[SUP]nds[/SUP] inches:21
Special Order:noWeight:99

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A G177 radial at 100% on that rim is 243 lbs, my NDCC's are and hour away so don't know that one.

Ajax MD

I'm looking for the exact weight of the NDCC with the standard 10 bolt wheel with locking ring. Assume the tire is inflated. I've "heard" the complete assembly is 210 lbs.
I see that the Titan T Hawk is 99 lbs. Is the wheel really another 100-ish lbs?

Same story as the original poster- I'm retrieving a complete set of 10 and I want to rent the right truck or trailer to bring them home.

Ajax MD

Some time ago a friend picked up some mounted 11:00-20 NDCCs for me. His sense of curiosity compelled him to weight some. He said they weighted 201 lbs. That is complete assembly and aired up. So, figure about 2400 lbs. for 12 of them.
Perfect, thanks. I'm only picking up 10, so the total weight will be less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks