• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel back spacing

yorkgulch2

I just bought a set of 395/85r20 goodyear mvt tires and am going to order wheels next. I know there was a thread that addressed minimum backspacing on 10 and 11 ich wide wheels but I can't seem to find it with a search. What is the minimum backspacing for the front wheels with 10 inch rims with the above tire that gives chain clearance and still keeps the track as narrow as possible? Also I only plan on chaining one rear axle since clearance is minimal between axles. Thanks
M37
m35a2
wc62
m791

yorkgulch2

Thanks I have been told 6 inches of back spacing is safe and will probably go with 6 or 6 1/2 inches. If you don't do a hub flip on the back axles, would the back wheels track the same as the front if you mount the wheels reversed (4 inches of back spacing)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks