• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Bearings??

hardtime

Ok checked the site for any posts on detailed wheel bearings info with no luck. Are the rears of the 814 oil lubed bearings and the fronts greased? In my years working on late model heavyhaul trucks in northern AK. the rear bearings get lubed with the diff. oil and some of the earlier trucks got grease on the front axle bearings, same for the 1-ton fords I own.
Where do I find the bearing nut sizes so I can order the right sockets and what about wheel seals, is this a special seal or can I go to napa?
Any and all advice on this job is greatly appreciated.

area52

Here is what I have found:

Front and rear are the same - both are greased

outer seal is 7413447 inner is 7979349

front and rear bearings are same. inner and outer races are civy # 592 or 592A
inner bearing is 593 and outer is 596.

spindle nuts -
4-3/8" 8 sided, and a 4-7/8" 8 sided. You can find them online, they are made by OTC. Usually cost between $25-$30 each

same for front and rear

P.S. I found all this by searching for seals,bearing and nut sizes in the 5 ton forum.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the touque or setting the bearing is 50# while rotating the hub, then back off 1/4 to 1/3 of a turn