• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel bolt hole counter sink?

volver

395/85R20's. I want to run the rear wheels dish out.

Is it necessary to counter sink the bolt holes of the rim? or can I flip the nut around and have its flat side against the rim?

What prevents the rim from rotating 1/4inch back and forth when the rears are duals, just friction? I would think that the rim would spin on the hub until the side of bolt hole contacts the stud. Then if you did heavy breaking it would rotate the other direction until it hit the stud again.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WHAT? Have you looked at the wheels, they are counter sunk on both sides unless you have some kind of non military wheels. That's why you can use them on the front, backs, dual-ed or single.

welldigger

Volver, Just out of curiosity, are you talking A2 that has duals on it now or an A3 that has singles?
I would guess duals since he said dish out. A3 wheels would be stick clear out from under the bed. That being said, I have learned never to assume.

Ford Mechanic

The rears do use a different nut but the same inner stud. Origanlly the inner rim is secured with a nut/stud looking combo called a thimble, the outer rim is then secured with a larger inner diameter nut to hold the outer dual. Yes the origanal rims will mount both ways with out modification. But you should get a new set of front axle lug nuts to properly secure the rear rims, cause under the thimble the stud is the same as the front. Mine is done that way.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks