• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel chocks

bob b

recomend good rubber wheel chock deuce is parked on incline all of the time put in low range left in gear emergency brake on want to chock all 4 rear wheels are the ones that tractor supply has heavy enough

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i use cucvs for the 819, i was contemplating on getting a deuce to use as chocks for the 8x8, but being that the 8x8 is sold, all the planed 8x8 expenses are no longer planed

Last edited:

Crackerjax

yea i got the tractor supply ones they are good....also if you put the truck in low gear it may start when rolling because it will be easyer for the transmission to turn the motor, and if you dont leave the kill t handle pulled all the way out it may start........just an idea

tm america

you have to be carefull leaving the e brake on in the winter it will freeze and then you are not going anywhere if you leave it in gear make sure the engine stop cable is pulled out you dont want it to start if it gets bumped by another car:roll:

NEIOWA

recomend good rubber wheel chock deuce is parked on incline all of the time put in low range left in gear emergency brake on want to chock all 4 rear wheels are the ones that tractor supply has heavy enough
The rubber chocks aren't worth the time it takes to put them behind a wheel of anything larger that a medium size trailer.

Best course would to be the cast aluminum chocks as made/sold by Kochek for the fire service. If you what to go 1st class go with Zico folding chocks.

cessnatwin

I live in lousy as* florida and I still chock mine in the driveway, because it pays for paying for the neighbors crap just in case! Do it, what can it hurt!

Snarky

I use a piece of 6x6 wood I cut down to an angle, I put it under the tire with the angled face down. I've tested it under my deuce on my sloped driveway with no parking brake, and then in reverse. I 'could' have ran over it, but that was more than it would ever suffer normally. I tied a nylon strap around it to make it easy to put out of the bed, and from under the tire. I personally wouldn't leave a deuce in gear. It will start in gear (I dont know about low range xfer case), and if you happened to forget, or if somebody else starts your truck for some reason, it will go forward despite that parking brake. Also if a deuce gets bumped somehow, say rear-ended?, a deuce can start and will go forward.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Seabees used 4x4s or 6x6s depending on the truck. Almost always painted yellow and 2 of them tied together. A Seabee better never forget to chock his truck or he will finding himself (herself) wearing the chocks around the neck all day as a painful and humiliating reminder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks