• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel Covers / Rim Protectors

Duckworthe

Are these rare now? They seem more pricey than they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are not rare parts. I bought mine for $15 each two years ago also. However when everyone started to buy them, those who sell them just raised the price. Capitalism at work. Just like all the other over priced parts.

Duckworthe

I have a 97 and they went right on no problems. /QUOTE]

I have two different style CTIS hoses on my wheels (two have larger fittings then the other two) my covers had to be notched to fit on but were a very easy fix. I too had the valve stems leak. I just tossed them and use my CTIS to fill my wheels. But I would understand if your CTIS didn't work you would want the extensions!

VVFD

ebay...$69.99 each + shipping. All brand new with original packing and in original box.
These are kits; comes with valve stem extension, 4-bolts, and 4 washers.

Last edited by a moderator:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ebay...$69.99 each + shipping. All brand new with original packing and in original box.
These are kits; comes with valve stem extension, 4-bolts, and 4 washers.

That link is for a ss member here selling them but not the original ss member from Ok that had them listed when I bought mine a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The guy who was selling them cheap was within driving distance of the okc site where they were auctioned off. He ended up with most of them. Around 4 years ago though. I had to pay big bucks to freight a pallet of them to CT. So I had to wait till his were all gone to sell mine. And I bought them to resell at a profit not to break even. eBay and PayPal take 13 percent off the top of stuff I sell on ebay. Including on the shipping paid.

coachgeo

Tis my understanding one of the reasons that SS banned links to auctions was situations in which Suprman points out above. So they banned links to auctions as an attempt to avert things like this as a way to to support their paying vendors. Not saying I agree with the no link decision.. but this is one reason behind the anti-link being made.

Example: A kind soul gets wind of an auction..... of say wheel protectors...... they need only 4 but the auction is for a lot of 140. They win the auction... mount their 4 and sale the others for penny on the dollar to help out fellow SS folk. Mighty kind of them.... but unintentionally; the selling them at under cost sets a false economy on the price in the minds eye of everyone else. Once low cost nice guy sells his off....... then anyone else who sells them whom has a larger overhead cost to cover and desire for some profit (vendors) folk consider their price to be gauging cause their price is so much higher than the nice fellow. New buyers do not see that the true reality is the vendors cost is reasonable.... it just the nice fellow was selling at a massively depressed cost....

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 97 and they went right on no problems.
I have two different style CTIS hoses on my wheels (two have larger fittings then the other two) my covers had to be notched to fit on but were a very easy fix. I too had the valve stems leak. I just tossed them and use my CTIS to fill my wheels. But I would understand if your CTIS didn't work you would want the extensions!
Have pictures?

Duckworthe

What pics would you like, Pics of the different CTIS hoses or of the covers and how I notched them? I will take some pics when I get home from this pesky place I'm at right now (work). It sure gets in the way of fun things that could be going on back at the house!!

VVFD

We got our six wheel covers in and installed. Four of the six were perfect and installed without any modification. All six of our wheels had the same CTIS hose patterns... but two of the wheel covers were cut/stamped different that the four that fit the wheels. Go figure!!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What pics would you like, Pics of the different CTIS hoses or of the covers and how I notched them? I will take some pics when I get home from this pesky place I'm at right now (work). It sure gets in the way of fun things that could be going on back at the house!!
I'm curious how yours fit, and how you had to notch them.

ramdough

Who of you has recently bought the rim protectors? Can you name me a source in US or Europe?

Thanks Nicole
My understanding is that they are no longer readily available and if you can find them, they will be marked up in price quite a bit.

Good luck..... let us know if you find a source.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reworked LMTV

I got mine a few weeks ago, but there still sitting in my garage.

My trucks been parked for a few weeks due to a leak in the rear pinion seal. I'm afraid I also have a leaking hub seal, do to the rear right tire loosing air while parked. This all started when I drove it when it was -12 f. Air was even blowing out the trailer break handle when I first started it that day.

I'm just waiting on some warmer weather so I can do some work on mine.

They look great though..
Who has CTIS covers for sale? :)

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
for an LMTV? $150 each plus a little shipping. how many do you want?
part number 57k1996, google it for picture.

Last edited:

fd33me

Hey all!
Anyone know where I can acquire these covers by chance? Ebay is a no go and I'm wiling to get them fabricated if necessary but that'll take someone to give me dimensions and then I can share the wealth from there.

Thanks ahead of time!

Attachments

coachgeo

Hey all!
Anyone know where I can acquire these covers by chance? Ebay is a no go and I'm wiling to get them fabricated if necessary but that'll take someone to give me dimensions and then I can share the wealth from there.

Thanks ahead of time!
they have become rare/hard to find and priced like made of gold laced unitanium.

Third From Texas

We have a guy on the FB group that is in prototype with his first run.

They aren't OEM design, but they are modern rock guards as seen on rock crawlers, sand cars, etc.

Someone on here was looking at making some out of composite/carbon fiber(?) as well. I don't recall who.

I still want to make an OEM fiberglass replica set for my trailer (mostly cosmetic, of course).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks