• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel seal install?

ah1955

I have done a search on the topic, read several good discusions that have alot of info.
I read Banshee 365's tech. article with the step by step pic. very well done write up.
I have the TM down loaded on the computer, makes it nice to just print the pages for what your working on take them out with you, don't need the whole book, if the pages get dirty no big deal.
Anyway after all that, I would like to just go over one thing just to be sure I'm on the right track before I screw up a new seal.I'm I right that the seal is a tight fit in the spindle and if so is there a driver or do you just use a drift punch and evenly work your way around.

Jake0147

They can be successfully knocked on to the spindle with just a brass drift. I did so. No issues. However, I do see the possibility of issues if one doesn't use due caution and a bit of restraint with the swing press. A little poking around a plumbing store (or probably the home desperate) can find something round to drive them on with. Still not a proper tool, still not fool proof, but harder to screw up so long as you're trying not to screw up. Spreads out the hammer taps a lot better IMHO. But yeah, if I couldn't find my fitting and pipe contraption I prolly wouldn't hesitate to carefully tap another one on with a brass punch.

ah1955

O.K. Thats what I thought, but even after all my reading and rereading I just wanted to make sure that I was not missing that one thing that was going to make me waste a seal and say a ton of words out in my driveway that the whole naiborhood would not need to hear.
Thanks for the replys, while I await the U.P.S. mans arrival I'll try to make a driver.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's hard to see but I made one from Home Depot. It's a reducer and fits nice and tight on the seal, almost a perfect fit. I used a small length of pipe and the end cap so I could hit right in the center. It can be used on front or back.Two good whacks with a BIG hammer and it was on. Back in the days CRC through the truck parts place would give us the right seal install plate to go with the handle.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks