• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel weight? - 14.00R20 AT-2A + combat wheel

Bandit02

Does anyone have an idea what a Goodyear 14.00R20 AT-2A with a combat wheel installed weighs?!

I got a smokin' deal on 7 of them and have to haul them all in the back of my short box Ram 2500 lol for about 350 miles. I think if I stack them just right it can wing this. My truck's payload maxes out at 2550 lbs just wanted to be sure I can do this. I also have to put all 11 of the G177's in the back to haul them up as well for this trade.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnSnow

a 1400 x20 tire and wheel will weigh in right about 400 pounds depending on if and which type of bead lock/run flat is installed.

HanksDeuce

The Goodyear website below states just the 1 tire weighs 263 lbs.
http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/gov/pdf/military_tire_brochure.pdf

Searching ebay for "2 piece combat wheel" comes up with an auction that states 152 lbs for each rim (in original container). No clue what that means.

263 + 152 = 415 lbs (with packaging). Let's say 410 lbs to be safe. 7 x 410 = 2870 lbs. 320 lbs over your limit. Pulling them on a trailer might be a better option. Utility trailer with a drop gate.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer is the best option.
Trying to stack those in a truck would be a killer unless he has wrecker to stack em.

gottaluvit

You will never be able to fit seven in a short bed, even standing upright. I hauled eight in a 16' trailer and couldn't fit one more without stacking or standing them straight up. The first two layed flat and I leaned the others all against them and barely got the ramp gate closed. If you stacked them in the truck, being so heavy, if the load shifted any, it would be near impossible to correct without some form of lifting device.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks