• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheels for 12.00R20 XML's

AK_M1028

I haven't even mounted up my 325/85R16 XML's yet and I am already thinking of jumping up in size to 12.00R20 XML's. Where can I find a wheel that will fit my 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern? Or will I have to get duece wheels and use an adapter?

AJMBLAZER

Well...they'd be bling but there's several 20" bling bling wheels out there with the 8x6.5" lug pattern.

Someone did this on CK5 a few years ago actually.

AK_M1028

AJMBLAZER said:
Well...they'd be bling but there's several 20" bling bling wheels out there with the 8x6.5" lug pattern.

Someone did this on CK5 a few years ago actually.
I thought this also, but spoke to two different tires guys I know (both work with truck tires) and they said the 12.00R20 tires need a budd type wheel and would not hold a bead with conventional light truck tires. The bead seating surface on the big truck tires is much larger. I will search CK5 though and see if it worked, maybe with bead locks?

AJMBLAZER

The truck I saw it on had just some bling bling 20's. No locks or anything. It was running the big Michelins though, not sure if any of the other 40-50" tall tires the military uses require the special rims.

Come to think of it 4-Wheel & Off-Road put some big arse Michelins on their Ultimate Super Duty a few years back and they used some custom made steel 20's. Nothing special really, just large steel wheels as this was 5 years ago or so and no one made that side then. Might search their website as well...I think I remember seeing it in the projects on the site a while back.

Croatan_Kid

Yeah, I seen that. I could always get them this summer when I go up there to see my cousin....I don't think they'd fit in my carry-on though. rofl

I'm more than likely getting a set of 5 radial humvee rims and tires this Saturday from a local guy :D

AK_M1028

I'm not sure what I'll do with them, I still don't know if the bigger tires will work. Shipping is terrible. 4 tires = 490#. I paid $85 to have them shipped 360 miles here in Alaska. Most places in the U.S. are 2,500 to 4,500 miles from me!!!