• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheels m-1088

oregonfirefighter

So, I was all excited the other day and dug out my 4 "new" and mounted tires to replace the 4 rears that my M-108A1 came with... took it to the ONLY tire shop in the area that will work on these and turns out the new wheels are aluminum and thus, too thick and will not fit. The M-1088 came with steel rims. The tire shop will not break down the steel rims without a fresh unmounted set of 4 steel available ( this is justified from their experience of having studs on the bead locks break and not being able to get parts.) so..... Where can I obtain 4 steel rims for this rig? I am in Southern Oregon and need them yesterday as the truck is going to the paint shop soon.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No where in the NW that I know of. I've been looking as well. My truck came missing the spare, I've been putting together a rim and the parts I have, their best days have past.

Johno176

Those rims are off of the Caiman Mrap. They will fit the lmtv and mtv vehicles with the use of special lug nuts. Meritor part number R00599L for the left handed nuts and R00599R for the right handed nuts. Finditparts.com has them for just under $300.

coachgeo

Get the right nut (and left nut)... later get two more aluminum rims for a complete match set of 6. A 7th for the spare might make it easier to get spare up and down.

hmmm.. right and left nut....... that sounds wrong lol

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The steel wheels are all over ebay for $65 each. These are a waste product for the tire flipper crowd. Search "LMTV wheel". Send me a PM if you want to sell your aluminum rims.

oregonfirefighter

I don't speak "tire", however tire place said my studs where too short for my nuts. Yeah that didn't sound good either. So, are you saying there is a nut that would solve this issue?
Get the right nut (and left nut)... later get two more aluminum rims for a complete match set of 6. A 7th for the spare might make it easier to get spare up and down.

hmmm.. right and left nut....... that sounds wrong lol

oregonfirefighter

Ok I went with the nuts. Snow hit which made travel to grab steel rims a bit more difficult with a 500 mile drive. They are Meritor R005995R & R005995L ( John I called the place in the link and they said add the last "5"). Also searched out some threads and came across this..Outer Cap Nut E-5995R Sold In Quantity Of 10. Price Is Per Nut. 3/4-16. Wide Base Aluminum Wheels. Same As BWP M-3208, Automann 201.2009R, WA07-6014, 995R, Euclid E-5995R, Alcoa 5995R, Dayton 13-3054R, BWP M-3208, Meritor R005995R, GLP GL-2103, Leland W506. hope this helps others

Johno176

Oregon you are right. I miss typed. Checked my ordered from a while back and they do have a 5 at the end (R005995R &R005995L). Sorry for the confusion.

oregonfirefighter

Well, ordered the special nuts for the aluminum rims and then loaded everything up and headed to the tire shop for the switch out part duex. Shop manager brought up a very good concern. What about the 10th stud with the air supply for CTIS? It is a larger diameter stud. Needless to say, he didn't want to start the switchover until I could confirm with this board on what your experiences have been. Do we use the large nut from the steel rims? Would that nut stick out too far to bolt on the CTIS hardware? It looks like it would stick out too far with the thicker aluminum rim. HELP :( :(

scottmandu

Well, ordered the special nuts for the aluminum rims and then loaded everything up and headed to the tire shop for the switch out part duex. Shop manager brought up a very good concern. What about the 10th stud with the air supply for CTIS? It is a larger diameter stud. Needless to say, he didn't want to start the switchover until I could confirm with this board on what your experiences have been. Do we use the large nut from the steel rims? Would that nut stick out too far to bolt on the CTIS hardware? It looks like it would stick out too far with the thicker aluminum rim. HELP :( :(
The CTIS stem hole in the wheel is machined deeper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks