• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When do you hate your 5 ton !

Bighurt

Haha Jeremy. I started reading this and it reeked of "aircraft engineer". We had some areas on a aircraft skin that were allowed minimal damage and it's assessment was much like what your describing. I will not hijack the thread on what I think about those guys.
Neither did I but I wanted to show that by comparison there are worse TM's out there. The sad thing is I had to explain it to the HQ inspection team and item managers, on what it actually meant, the original guys are long gone. Unfortunately on that item there is no better way to do the inspection, you just hold linear calipers close very very near the surface and make a guess. The reality of my job is we inspect to reject so in all likelihood we have good items tagged as unserviceable vs potentially unserviceable items on alert.

When 300lbs of batteries are dead. :(
That's a really good one and my current situation.

I'm really surprised there were more "when i can't drive it", comments. If I had the option between my M35 and M925, I'd pick the M925. Power steering makes the drive so much more enjoyable.

emr

Even humped over cursing pulling batts to service em, and even when i have to go get help to stand a tire up, when up i can get em on and off, but I""" never""" hate her :) M925 :) sittin high and loven it :)

rrrr

Power steering seems to be the big difference in favor of the 5 ton. I added air o matic steering to my deuce and it made a huge difference in driving ease. I got lucky and got a used air o system for $700. Now its a toss up between the two. With 395's on my deuce its actually faster than my 932a1. Both are fun.

I have a solargizer on the 932 and a battery tender on both mv's to hopefully prolong battery life. Changing batteries in the deuce will definitly be easier.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate it when I get up in the morning and my back is sore as **** from the lousy seat. The deuce seat isn't fancy, but it doesn't do that.

Bolkbich

I love my 5 tons. The relationship is stressed a little when i need to buy M939 parts. Boy can they see me coming. Not so in love with the guy who sold the truck to me either. I think im gonna buy a truck for parts. Any ideas ?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are only a few things I like from my five ton over my duece. The five tons' power steering and how big it is (M923A1). Overall though, I much prefer the duece any day! But I love both of them no doubt!