• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When do you think OshKosh LATVs will be available?

Jsmith1529

My first 4x4 was a CJ7. Not exactly Military Spec, but it had roots. Now I have an M998 after watching them come to popularity because of the middle east conflicts. My dad is a Vietnam vet and he doesn't know anything about the HMMWV because he was long gone before it was put in service. Anybody think my 3-year-old will be buying a decommissioned OSHKOSH LATV in 35 years to play with the way I am with my HMMWV? Here's hoping I'm around to see it!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first 4x4 was a CJ7. Not exactly Military Spec, but it had roots. Now I have an M998 after watching them come to popularity because of the middle east conflicts. My dad is a Vietnam vet and he doesn't know anything about the HMMWV because he was long gone before it was put in service. Anybody think my 3-year-old will be buying a decommissioned OSHKOSH LATV in 35 years to play with the way I am with my HMMWV? Here's hoping I'm around to see it!
Nope, not unless they change the rules on not selling armour to civilians. :(

Cheers
If anyone is going to hold their breath awaiting the release of LATV's to the populace, I would highly recommend they install a FORDING KIT on themselves.... It's going to be a LONG, LONG TIME underwater until any surface at auction.

Jsmith1529

If anyone is going to hold their breath awaiting the release of LATV's to the populace, I would highly recommend they install a FORDING KIT on themselves.... It's going to be a LONG, LONG TIME underwater until any surface at auction.
My son is 3, and he has at least 34 years before he finds himself in my scenario. I was not trying to pontificate about what might be. I just figured my son would have a chance to do what I didn't in 34 years. Much like my father.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

tage

They only way you're gonna get your hands on one... Enlist, mil contractor, Oshkosh employee, or serious conflict where they're left behind. Ie think Iraq w/obama.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah but you still can't get up armored ones.
That also depends if you have enough money and have the right friends.

I will give a clue on this. Picked up a particular truck from RRAD in the past. I had to go to the side of the base where they are buildin trucks. Talk to a certain high ranking officer. They drove the truck out of the warehouse with all its accessories and tools wrapped in paper and plastic on the seats. You can't tell me that wasn't a who do you know deal.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm waiting for a nuclear sub or a Nimitz class vessel.

I live by the beach

;)~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks