• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When it rains.........it pours

Iceman3005

Harmonic balancer has been clanking for a couple of weeks now so I finally got a new one. Took the whole front of engine area apart to replace, went very smoothly so I put everything back together. Started truck up to test it out and warm up for an oil change, things sounded a lot better. After a couple of minutes I noticed a small drip coming from bottom of balancer, thought maybe the seal was installed incorrectly........nope its not, oil isn't green..........? that's nice its the water pump leaking, then about 2 minutes later (truck still warming up for oil change) the right alternator starting to squeal and the pulley started banging (moving) around, then the left alternator started to make a low whine and the belt started to squeal:doh:. So after all the work taking apart and putting everything back together for the harmonic balancer, I had to take everything back apart, and on top of that the other cucv's front end is all torn apart for a axle rebuild, so now both trucks are down.................man this stinks.

dstang97

you are still doing better than me. I worked day and night to get my 1028 back together. I took it 4 times around the circle then died at the end of the driveway. I had the whole front clip off and now have to pull the motor. Why couldn't it have happened before I took 1/2 the truck apart. In case people are interested there is gonna be a 454 swap in the future.

344lbsofgetdown

i know how u feel repaired the starter on mine and went good for about 3 weeks it was also warmer then now that its 25 degrees here the starter did the great CLUNK at 620 am today called off work and took it apart the case is shot it did not have a brace on it and i found out when it shierd off the starter bolts fixed it right bit guess when it took the tublel when the bolts broke it damaged the case and i did not see it o well dont u just love these trucks i do there a mechanics best friend

dstang97

What happened to your engine D ?
That truck I picked up in wellfleet was/is a rusty pos. It needs a new IP pump, injector lines, valve covers, manifolds.....

I have a GM replacement 454 with barely any miles on it. I'm done with messing with the motor. I tried very hard to get it going, Tons of ether, and not ready to dish out even more money on a "parts truck"

chevyCUCV

I have all you need dstang, i told you that on dp lol. I paid 120 for it, Ill give it to you for that.
There is a big crowd forming against this swap

Keep the 6.2 alive!!

dstang97

I have all you need dstang, i told you that on dp lol. I paid 120 for it, Ill give it to you for that.
There is a big crowd forming against this swap

Keep the 6.2 alive!!
Its not even worth putting anymore money into it.

Here's how i look at it. Truck is worth scrap prices.
WILL never be driven around as a Daily driver.
It WILL never be in any military shows or functions.
It WILL be a snow plow rig, woods beater, and truck puller.
TRUST ME I would be the first one telling people not to do it, but its a rusty pos that someone drove hard in the snow/ salt and put away salty.

Sorry to OP this thread got hijacked.

chevyCUCV

Ah ha never got the full picture
Always your truck, your decision

Sorry op, and sorry bout your trucks at least with 2 trucks you can make one working one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks