• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When wife says "Merry Christmas Honey", run....

tlm47201

It was a 98, soon to be my first vehicle paid off with under 100k on it. Wifey remembers a bit more. She slid on ice , over corrected, went cross the center, hit the guard rail ( all with minimal damage) as she looked up to the right, here came a Toyota 4 runner barreling down, not braking, estimated to be at least 60, slammed into the right side. She is a very lucky lady. No fluids leaked, truck had to be shut off, and the coop-da-gracie, I hooked the battery up last night, started it, and drove it into the barn. Had to use 4 wheel drive, as something in the rear driveline is ratcheting in gear, may have blown the rear also. If you draw a centerline from the front licenst plate to the rear, the right frame rail is left of that line by nearly a foot.

powerhouseduece

If you draw a centerline from the front licenst plate to the rear, the right frame rail is left of that line by nearly a foot.

Holy crap!!!! She is a very lucky woman. glad they all were ok.

jpcj-7

All I can saw is WOW! Glad your wife wasn't hurt! Have fun driving the MV! It isn't that bad; my deuce has been my personal vehicle since my truck went in shop almost 4 weeks ago! Still waiting on the title for my M1009 so no driving it!

ida34

She is pretty lucky. I have worked plenty of accidents and most fatalities are within a straight line from the line of force. It looked like the line of force when behind the driver's seat. I worked and accident one time in which the passengers side front and drivers side rear passengers were killed while the passengers side back and driver were messed up but lived. She need to get some lottery tickets as that could have been a fatality for sure. Glad no one was on the passengers side.

madsam

Just get a come-a-long and park next to big ol tree, it'll straighten.
Wonder if that drive shaft will fit my 1009?
I did that once on a 74 dodge that hit another truck from the back..Ok I was drivin with my head out the window because the window was frosted up, and never even saw the 2 cars parked on the side of the road..:roll:

The frame was bent about 10 inches into the engine, but did not hit the engine.

I parked it at the curb, put 4x4 diagonal to the curb and used a comealong to the tree in the front yard. Lots of hammering and torching, and the frame was almost strait. Redneck frame straightner.

Anyway, I am glad she is OK..

SR71BLACKBIRD

Good point RECOVERY, I was looking for the cummins badge while I drewed with anticipation....
Glad your wife is ok. My wife did the same trick to an 83 chevy. YES the ones that blow up. Ripped the tank wide open and not a spark. Very lucky .

dittle

Here's how you straighten it.....

1. Get 2 Wreckers or Deuces w/ winches (or ask a couple SS members for a MV loan)
2. Hook one winch to the Front, other to the back with.
3. Engage winches....

:twisted:

Glad your wife is Ok, mine got hit from behind on Monday as well. Stupid lady on the cell phone on snow roads......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks