• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When your TCM takes a bath...

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
A little footnote to computer's, microprocessor's, rom's & prom's when handling. Follow proper ESD procedures. Electro Static Discharge. The little static spark one doesn't see or feel and POOF... Time for more parts., now or later when they fail. 🎆 Nice video.

Sparky the electron just Smokey Beared your electronics, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will see a few of us call that “the little green smoke escaped” or “you let the green smoke out”. We’re describing a blown unit.

Always ground yourself when working on components with delicate electrics. Just tie a stripped wire to a radiator and tie the other end to your wrist.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure you are not going to find it for any civilian 6.5L application even the H1, the TCM they used in the HMMWV was for an early 90s GM truck with a 6.2L and a 4L80 transmission.
99% of all the 6.5L used the DS4 IP so those engines had an ECM and a different TCU

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is one for the NA, turbo ones are much cheaper :(

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is one for the NA, turbo ones are much cheaper :(
Did I miss the one for the turbo?

I could use it. I’m setting up a spare box and internal ‘puter.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks