• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are you G744/M39 Series Owners???

sandcobra164

vtdeucedriver. PB has spoken for ownership of "Proud American" but the hood numbers come from the original which was a M54A1 W/W. The original was destroyed in combat. Yes I do wish I owned the replica but it receives great treatment and storage in Columbus. I have caused some damage to that truck during my time with it. On the 2010 Rally, I rubbed a fence and now it has a white mark on the passenger side front bumper. I had originally asked that it be removed but Mr. Calvin Bennett approved the mark and he was on the original "Proud American" crew so we can't go against his advice. I also had a hood fly up against the windshield during the 2011 Rally and it left a slight crease in the hood. I've got many more pictures of this fine truck, I just can't find them at the moment. The guys in Columbus did an excellent job bringing her back to glory and the Mack is the best motor I can think of for this series of truck. They took a hit in the tail when they decided to "Multifuel" them. The Mack was the best option at the time but I have heard only 2,500 of them received a Mack motor upgrade so that is rare.

Attachments

ThatXJGuy

Im the proud owner of a 1953 M-62 with the Mack and a '62 M-55 with the 6602, both run like champs and are soon to be back on the road for the first time in a decade for the M-62 and two and a half decades for the M-55!
IMG_20140802_193411.jpgIMG_20140802_193338.jpgIMG_20140813_182419.jpg
Both need paint and some lights and small stuff but otherwise are ready to go!

Attachments

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have two of these M139 Bridge Trucks in my boneyard. Slowly parting them out. Used one of them for one season as a water truck as a stop gap measure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks