• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where are you getting Parts?

hotrdd

Wondering if someone can point me to a thread on good part sources for our Humvee's or at a minimum help me find sources for the two below parts so I can get my project started. We are located in Calgary, Alberta so its not as simple to run to some of the stores you have in the US

- Tire Air Valves (Is there a part# for this weird valve or what are others doing). I was debating just drilling the hole round and mounting a permanent fixture
- CV boots (I have some torn CV boots on the 1/2 shafts

Plan is to first get the Humvee setup as a roller so that we can move it in and out of the shop easier as we start to do a Duramax conversion. Unfortunately right now everyone thinks their 400K mile Duramax is still made of gold :-(

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First you need to download all the TMs available here on this forum, all the part numbers you are asking for are in them.
As for the boots they are different depending on the half shaft rating. (the 7K versions are considered non rebuildable)
You can Google the military part numbers and several of the vendors we all use will pop up, I personally would stay away from Wolfer.
Fleabay is another good place to hunt for NOS parts AND of course you can surf or post your needs on the parts for sale and parts wanted on this forum.
You can also buy some of the parts direct from AMG but beware that just because they show it in stock does not mean they are going to ship because they put a "hold" on stuff until they get the quantity needed to fill a DOD order but do not take the items that are on hold out of "stock"
When you start to do your conversion post anything about that on the HMMWV hot rod forum, as some folks here just do not want to hear about it.
AND WELCOME!!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wondering if someone can point me to a thread on good part sources for our Humvee's or at a minimum help me find sources for the two below parts so I can get my project started. We are located in Calgary, Alberta so its not as simple to run to some of the stores you have in the US

- Tire Air Valves (Is there a part# for this weird valve or what are others doing). I was debating just drilling the hole round and mounting a permanent fixture
- CV boots (I have some torn CV boots on the 1/2 shafts

Plan is to first get the Humvee setup as a roller so that we can move it in and out of the shop easier as we start to do a Duramax conversion. Unfortunately right now everyone thinks their 400K mile Duramax is still made of gold :-(
Welcome to the Outfit!

Lots of smart people here willing to share information... Search engine takes a little effort to use and quite often one of the public engines is much better.

SEARCH EXAMPLE
In your search line, type what you want like the STE/ICE example below

site:www.steelsoldiers.com "STE/ICE"

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
86humv and retiredwarhorses refered to as RWH. There is also a section on this website on another forum for vendors. Vendor names also pop up all over the webpages.

EBay has a few good people like “beltfed” EDIT beltfed won’t ship outside of the USA. Sorry.

The classifieds are awesome for stuff. I just bought a truck because I advertised there. I bought it from RWH.

Juanprado is on point (as always) with Kaskar

Mogman offered the most valuable advice….. This site offers FREE TECHNICAL MANUALS!!!