• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I find a allison at1545p

Coalman

Anybody know where I can come across a at1545p tranny. I have been searching for hours online and no real good leads or finds. Is it possible to put the at545? I can't really find any info on trading them out. I am going to call allison on monday. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you talk to the guys at Allison, you might want to ask for the specs on an MT643 and whether it might be a good swap for your transmission. I think there are some of these available at 1-866-855-7060. Ask for Bruno.

Attachments

quickfarms

The mt643 is a great trans but it is a lot heavier and larger than you trans. The mt643 was made for a class 8 truck with an max gvw around 75000. Your trans is made for a smaller and lighter truck.

The best route is probably to have your trans rebuilt.

RealCavDog

A friend of mine in Joplin had a used take-out about 2 weeks ago. PM me and I can check first thing in the morning. Was out of an International if I remember right, and was complete with converter.

Was looking to score a spare for my A3, but mine seems solid !

Jay

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mt643 is a great trans but it is a lot heavier and larger than you trans. The mt643 was made for a class 8 truck with an max gvw around 75000. Your trans is made for a smaller and lighter truck.

The best route is probably to have your trans rebuilt.
The Allison MT643 was the transmission of choice in the Canadian deuces built by Bombardier in the 80's.
Nice video of the Canadian Deuce!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNB1onHrXRo[/media]

Attachments

RealCavDog

Canadian ditch fishing with a winch hook ? What is this, an upcoming Red Green episode ! ? ! LOL !

Just kidding ! Thats a great video clip of a very nice truck, is the back wire screened, it does not look really open or solid ?

Last edited:
If yours is rebuildable, Allison would rebuild it and gjve a 3 year warranty. That is what I did. Otherwise,.you are looking for a good used trans. If it is not rebuildable, you would need to come up with a good core to send in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks