• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where can I find a snatch block?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some good ones come up on Ebay, now and then. Ones that have half inch to 5/8"capacity go for around $100. I have seen some military ones, in there too.
If the seller can get it in a Flate Rate Box, the shipping isn't bad. Look for one that has a zerk fitting for grease.

Just remember.... The only thing better then a snatch block, is two snatch blocks! You might not use them often, but when you do...

Lee in Alaska

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just about any of the Military Vehicle shows will have one for sale somewhere. Aberdeen had a few as I remember.

First off welcome to Steel Soldiers.

Do you need one for a duece of five ton or a small Jeep winch?

They are BII to the wreckers and if you are really lucky like I was you will find one in the tool box of the duece with a winch. You can also find them at big yard sales the ones that have the whole town selling stuff. I got a great one at a sale like that for $5.00 from a lady who was just trying to sell off stuff. I also bought a great one at a flea market in Texas it came from the oil well fields and it works great. I paid $15.00 for that one but it probably cost a couple hundred to make.

If you want a small one for a Jeep winch the ones made by Warn and Milemarker are great because they take up a small amount of room and are rated above the winch capacity

Good luck on your hunt.

sinister

snatch block

Thanks guys. I was looking for one to go with my M35. Do they really make that much of a difference in load capicty?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: snatch block

There is a pair on Ebay now #180192934865. They will be adequate for your M 35. Two parts in your line, doubles your pull (rated capacity). The other trick is to use it so you can go around a corner with your line, and not snarl up your drum.

Lee in Alaska

I just bought one from TNJ Murray in Dover Delaware. The owner,John Murray spent alot of time with me showing me around and answering questions. Very helpful, prices seem fair. He had tons of them as well as chains, cables and other rigging stuff. Let me root through piles of stuff till I found what I wanted.
www.tnjmurray.com
302-736-1790

jwaller

Re: snatch block

sinister said:
Thanks guys. I was looking for one to go with my M35. Do they really make that much of a difference in load capicty?
sure do. it's llike adding another winch. it will double the pulling power.

emr

RE: Re: snatch block

I have a bunch of m35 mil snatch blocks, pm me if u like... i will have a bunch at the MTA show too. i have an assortment of 5 tonner and ...one single sheave and 2 double sheave M88 snatch blocks big and heavy can bring to the spring show but ill only lift em if somebody wants em, pm me for prices, a conventional block does not open, U weave the line thru, a snatch block the hook swings open and U lay the line in, 6 inche sheaves for the m35 and 8 inch for the 5 tonner, Randy

joec

www.awdirect.com you can get them from there they cheap and quality ones plus other recovery acc. in there as well

just do a search for snatch block..8 will come up i have book at the house from 2-20t

in the Gunnebo Johnson corp......usa made and import from 2-15t...get a catolog alot of stuff..!

aw sweet randy you have m88 blocks sweet! great piece of hardware!!!

emr

If U can lift em, I have em hanging on what i call the deuce shed, one in each corner on the open front, 6 years and a wind hasn't come by strong enough to lift the shed, with them holding it down!!!he he, they are a conversation piece too. Randy

Coveralls

All you need is the 6", it's only 20lbs max. The 8" is about 80lbs. Unless you are Hulk Hogan go with the 6".I got mine from Sam Winers in OH. for $ 42.50, but I've seen them at shows for $10.00. I've pulled over a few trees with it including the one leaning over my house. I think its a necessity for the 1/2" cable on the deuce winch. ph 330/628-4881

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks