• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I get a RADIATOR REPLACEMENT???

MuddWeiser

I have been looking all over the place and can't find a decent replacement radiator for a fair price... Everyone wants to sell me some cheap chinese 3-core radiator.

I am under the assumption my current/stock radiator is a huge 4 core???

Does anyone have any advice on where I should look or go to get a replacement radiator? Also - what features does it need? I know it needs to have hookups for the oil cooler lines - anything else???

CCATLETT1984

yes its the huge 4core. You can do without the oil cooler lines on the radiator, just mount an oil cooler behind the grill. If yours is far gone its prolly not worth the cost of a new core made of copper. Look for an aluminium 2 core, the cores on the alum. rad are much deeper and it will give you the same cooling capacity. And you wont ever have to worry about it rusting through again. or the wonders of solder bloom. you must have the trans cooler, when its cold the trans fluid running through the radiator keeps it from cooling too much.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Dave Walker in Hesperia, Ca....760-244-8060. Or, PM me a number I can call you at on Saturday. I think there's some at the Fontana yard. A few of us will be going there and we can check.

MuddWeiser

Thanks for the offer of removing one at the fontanna yard, but I am going to try and buy a new one and hope it matches up/swaps out okay...

Phoned over to Boyce and he said he doesn't have very many and they would all be "take outs" and that he wouldn't trust them as a replacement for a bad radiator...

I got a PM from a member here on the board that reccomended Radiator Express and that the radiator he ordered was the same as an 86' 6.2L Blazer -- had both the tranny and oil cooler hookups. He mentioned that the hardest part of the swap was removing the frozen/rusted cooler lines without snapping/breaking them!!!

Any tips for the swap?

CCATLETT1984

pull the engine fan first.

also while the radiator is out, no would be a great time to change any worn belts out.

Flush the engine block as well. before you pull the old radiator, get a bottle of the cooling system cleaner, and run it in the truck for the recommended time. then pull the rad.

KD

Replacement CUCV radiator

I was needing one last summer and found this place on the internet. They seem to be the cheapest around and it looked to be the right four core radiator, plus free shipping. I ended up finding one that was NOS, but damaged and got it pretty reasonable and had it repaired, so I didn't actually get one from them. Just thought I would pass on the info and you could check it out.

Good Luck,

KD

http://www.completeradiators.com/sh...2+Liter+379+CID++Diesel&pt=Complete+Radiators

Spynxx

CUCV radiator`s on E-bay

I saw a few on E-bay for $158.00 I need one for a M1010 but I think they are different than the one that goes in the Blazer.

Crash_AF

No, the 1010 uses the same radiator as all the other CUCVs, all of the pickups and Blazers use the same radiator.

BTW, you did notice that this thread is 2 years old right?

Later,
Joe

blzrgb

moto_0010.jpg
A friend of mine owns the CarQuest here and we found this for my 1008. It was an exact match for the one that was in it and was brand new. Hope this helps.

blzrgb

I've got my reciet somewhere, but it was less than than 400 bucks. I'll try and find it to be for sure. We had almost givin up because we had ordered 2 radiators prior to this one and they were both 3 rows and were sent back. This one has four rows and is the same as the original. I couldn't find not one difference in them. It works perfect for me.

4bogginchevys

rule of thumb is if you cant solder it, it's junk. I've seen too many aluminum/plastic tank rads fail, I would urge you not to go that direction, as you will have to deal with it again. The aluminum feature is ok, but the plastic tanks are attached to the aluminum with fold over tabs....this is what makes them junk...no repair ever possible from this leak point. Cheap chinese garbage really, good luck:-D

Crash_AF

I second the above comment, while people say AL radiators have better thermal efficiency, the quality of construction and repairability leave too much to be desired to make this efficiency worth it. I've had an AL radiator in my Cherokee just up and pop one day at the tabs. No repair possible, had to toss it and get a new one. Specifically requested a brass/copper radiator as a replacement and ran the truck for another 50k before I sold it.

Just my .02 but I personally stay away from the plastic radiators to the point that I'd rather have a used brass/copper radiator from the junkyard hot tanked before I'd buy a new AL one.

Later,
Joe

Whitfield

No, the 1010 uses the same radiator as all the other CUCVs, all of the pickups and Blazers use the same radiator.

BTW, you did notice that this thread is 2 years old right?

Later,
Joe
2-yrs old but still great info for those in need.

FYI ~ I pulled a civilian diesel suburban radiator and found the trans cooler on the wrong side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks