• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I locate one of these trailer hubs?

Lonesome715

I know a lot of thee trailers are getting cut up and used as beds on bobbed deuces. So I am hoping someone has the hubs lefts over. I only need on side and if the bearings are still good I will take them as well. I also need the hub nuts and washers from both sides. I am trying to get this done for someone so this is a time sensitive issue. If you have the parts I need please let me know what you want plus the cost of shipping.

The trailer is a M116A8 but I think it is the same as a M101A1.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are Dexter axle parts available from trailer supply houses. Place here had the bearings in a bushel basket.

Lonesome715

Fleet pride here has the bearings and can get me the hub, but the cost is way too high. That is why I am hoping to find a good used hub. Even if I have to buy the internals new.

papercu

I think most of the trailers bodies being used for the bobbed trucks are M105?
Seems as if Kenny was swapping out axles on some trailers he just bought but he and a lot of the other folks are on the road going to or at the rally. Wayne

Last edited:

Lonesome715

It figures. I wish I had asked this question a couple of weeks ago. Then some one going to the Rally could have brought one down. I have seen a few bobbed deuces with this type of trailer body.

ida34

You want the hub for an M101A3 or A2. The A1 and straight M101 had a M37 bolt pattern.

Last edited:

96XJ9705

Yeah, it looks like a replacement is needed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the old one. Best I can figure it is a 5000lb axle and I don't know of many needs for a 5000lb axle with 43.5" spring perches.

96XJ9705

25.00 for hubs, brakes, axle, and ubolts too much? I'm thinking I'll keep the shocks and bump stops for the new axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks