• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I start looking for M-37 Engine?

ryanaero

Hey gang,
When I get the project home I'll start stripping it. It has a Chevy 350 in it with "clutch linkage" problems. I'm planning on restoring the driveline to original. Soooooo...I'll be looking for the T-245 complete. The 350 will be for sale or trade towards the 230.
Any ideas where I should start looking? The engine I get will go in for overhaul before installation.
Thanks in advance....
Gregg Horrell

yeager1

I use to sell a lot of M37s and can tell you that there are A LOT of people that what 350s in them. You should try to find someone with an fairly original truck/engine and trade him all of the modified parts (engine, motor mounts, linkages, tranny, electrical stuff) for his stock stuff. It will save both of you a ton of money, because as we all know it's the little parts that add up and end up costing the most in any motor swap.

ryanaero

Thanks Yeager...probably what I'll do. I'll inventory it all soon and take some pictures. Looks like I'll have all the canvas bows and bench seat stuff so I don't have to look for that. Can't wait to start tearing it down. Plenty of room in my hangar to work and I have several hoists to pull heavy stuff.

ryanaero

Thanks Longhunter...that IS a great site and I now have it bookmarked. BTW, I live in Tucson so if anybody needs a salvage yard looked at in my area give me an email and I'll take a look. No rust out here and there are a ton of wrecking yards in the area.
Gregg Horrell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks