• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where did this come from?

Hammy

My m1008 has been acting up lately. Specifically the orange wire on the 12 volt spade that is a fusible link to the larger red wire. I couldn't find this on the diagram due to color difference. That wire has been getting really hot and has sparked twice.

Once the truck is running the wire no longer gets hot or sparks.

So today I found this laying under my truck and I'm not sure where it came from. Could be someone else's trash but it looked like it came from my truck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Location of the wire that is getting hot? 12v Terminal block? Alternator? Under the Dash? general location. A picture of the location will help greatly

Looks like a capasitor from one of the controller cards. Was it on the ground or on the floorboard. What part of the truck was it under?

Hammy

the wire is on the 12v terminal block next to the glow plug relay. it is orange and I guess it acts as a fusible link to a larger red wire. I have a fear its the driver side alt. wire.

I found that capacitor under the truck on the driveway directly beneath the area of the glow plug relay.

I was confused since the piece looks like it belongs under the dash but it was outside of the truck.

Hammy

Yeah I've never seen anthing like this except in the glow plug card. my second thought was that maybe it had something to do with my wire over heating.